President Donald Trump came into office pledging to avoid conflicts of interest by resigning from his global business empire and handing control to his sons. Despite those steps, more potential conflicts have surfaced since his inauguration, fueled by the president’s critics and, in one case, his own tweet. Prominent examples – and the White House rebuttals – are summarized here. VOA will update the list as circumstances change or new possible conflicts arise.
HOTELS, RESORTS, GOLF CLUBS
- State Department pulls Mar-a-Lago profile from official web site
- Washington hotel a magnet for diplomats
- Mar-a-Lago basks in glow of foreign summits
- A hotel deal in Dallas and talk of overseas investors
- Beachfront resort and a “no new deals” pledge
- Travel ban exempts rich Muslim countries with Trump interests